Summer Health Internship Program (SHIP)
CHECK BACK IN FEBRUARY FOR THE 2017 APPLICATION.
Application Deadline: TBA
Who should Apply:
High school sophomores, juniors and seniors & college freshmen in good standing and on track for promotion in June.
- Six-week internship placements in hospitals and community-based health centers and organizations
- Weekly didactic sessions with health professionals and field trips
- Exposure to health careers and community health issues
- Student must be between 16-22 years of age at start of program
- Student must attend school or live in Manhattan or Staten Island
- Student must be a United States Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- Student must be interested in a career in the health field
2017 Summer Program Session: TBA
Program Orientation: TBA
Students will report to placement sites Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and will have didactic sessions on Thursdays at the MSI AHEC office. Placement experiences vary from site to site.
Contact the program manager at 212-534-2432 for more information.